Happy Father’s Day and apologies for not ringing - our excuse is no mobile reception.
We awoke to a view of Mt Augustus through the mesh door of the roof tent, glowing red at first light. It was a magical moment.
It was followed by a tiring day as we summated the mountain, which is only about a 12km round trip,
but the heat and taking the gorge route on the way back slowed us down.
The views from the top as we had lunch were great even if we didn’t have brilliant blue skies (although the cloud cover helped to keep the temperature in the high 20s rather than the low 30s of yesterday).
I think it was only us and one other guy who climbed the mountain today - I’m sure Uluru will be slightly busier. SPOT
We were back on the gravel roads to make our way over to Tom Price and Karijini by late afternoon, but I think Anne is losing her sense of humour about the red dust which is coating all the surfaces in the Land Rover. Solihull should really have paid more attention to their door seals. The dust, the heat and the flies (even at this time of year) mean that neither of us wants to live in the outback, so I think working in the mines for big money may be out. SPOT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment